Thursday 3 December 2015

Life's a Splurge

Hokay.

This month - and contrary to my usual interests - I've splurged on books.

I've bought Fergie's Leading, The Story of Alibaba and Mitch Albom "Frankie Presto".

The problem now is finding the time to read them.

I've done a few pages of Leading and I'm thinking I could zoom through perhaps in one sitting this weekend.

Leading is written is a laid back manner and the tie-up to football and Man United makes it easier to read, as compared to "6 ways to Kill Innovation" which I bought last month which on hindsight was a waste of good money.

Should have just bought a trade paper back of something from the comic lineups.

Anyway, I've ranted about the prices of book going crazy, so I am thankful for MPH's celebratory discounts in blunting the impact.

All three books came with 20 - 30% discount, by the way.

Okay, I must admit that I did sneak in DD's Reborn by Andy Diggle and you know what, I love the short transit from the all heavy duty writing of Brubaker, Bendis and (even) Waid.

Perhaps its the one off storyline. Or the simple and largely overused plot.

I'm thinking the stress of routine work / life cycle is getting to me that such diversions are most welcomed.

Hokay again. Going back to work soon and leaving you with this:


Adios. 
 

No comments: